Sunday, August 23, 2009

Paris

Paris: August 21-23, 2009

I took advantage of being in Europe to visit another beautiful city and a good friend from my French School days! I took the amazing high-speed train from Rotterdam and arrived in Paris a mere 3 hours later. I'm really thinking that a high speed train line would do wonders in the US.

After a relaxed Friday night at Natasha's house, we enjoyed walking around Paris on Saturday afternoon. The St. Michel area is a fun student area with a lot of pedestrian streets.


We also spent a fair amount of time walking along the Seine, just catching up and enjoying the beautiful weather.


Notre Dame - I was really happy to see the cathedral without scaffolding in front! The renovations really did wonders, too - the stone is much lighter in color than it was 5 years ago.


One of the windows of Notre Dame.


A view of the other side of the cathedral.


More walking along the Seine.


The Arc de Triomphe. We met up with one of Natasha's friends and he joined us walking around for much of the rest of the afternoon. We also made an ice cream stop together.


Natasha and I at the Eiffel Tower.





A view of Notre Dame from the river.


And finally a picture of a bookstore that just struck me as very French and very appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment