I made a trip way up north again this year for the Midnight Sun Marathon event. This year, Daniele, Dominik and I ran the 10 k race, and Tasos ran his first half marathon! We lucked out with beautiful weather on Friday night - I actually saw the midnight sun this year, rather than just the midnight light.

We went for a beer in the midnight sun, brewed by the world's northernmost brewery.
You can reference how much you have in your glass by the map of Norway, including a line for the Arctic Circle!
We took it easy during the day, but managed to go for a walk and visit the MS Polaria (a seal hunting ship from the high Arctic).

The 10k started at 7pm, here we are all ready for the race.
Dominik and I finished at the same time (I started behind the guys, but snuck up on Dominik during the last kilometer, while Daniele was a few minutes ahead of us).
The proud victor!
Tasos wasn't quite ready to take the flag for the last 500 m of his race, but he did appreciate the gesture!
The Greek after 21.1 km!
And since some traditions should definitely be continued, we walked up the hill on Sunday. It rained a bit on the way up, but the views in between the rain drops were spectacular.











No comments:
Post a Comment